1- Grilled Shrimp in Lettuce Leaves with Serrano- Mint Sauce
Time: 25 minutes Servings: 4 Calories per serving: 166
For the Shrimp:
Large shrimp, peeled and deveined- 1 pound [i.e. approx. 36 shrimps]
Canola oil- 3 tbsp
Green curly lettuce leaves-12
For Serrano –Mint Sauce:
Mint leaves, tightly packed- 1 cup
White wine vinegar -1/4 cup
Fish sauce- 2tbsps
Chili oil- to taste
Fresh cilantro- to taste
Black pepper, grounded- to taste Salt to taste
Serrano chilies, chopped- 2
Garlic cloves, chopped-4
Fresh ginger, peeled and chopped- 1 inch
1. Preheat the grill to medium high. Take a large bowl. Toss the shrimp in it in oil. Season it with salt and pepper. Grill the shrimps for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until it is just cooked through. Be careful not to overcook it as it can turn hard and rubbery. Remove it from the grill.
2. To make Serrano mint sauce, place all the ingredients, except for salt, in a blender and pulse it till it becomes smooth in texture. Season it with salt.
3. Take a plate and arrange lettuce leaves on it. Place around 3 shrimps in each lettuce leaf. Drizzle it with Serrano – mint sauce and chili sauce. Garnish it with a few cilantro leaves. Roll up the lettuce leaves and consume it immediately.
2- Grilled Shrimp with Lemon
Time: 10 mins Servings: 4 Calories per serving: 120
Jumbo sized Shrimp, raw and deveined with shell- 16
Extra virgin olive oil- ½ cup
Lemons, halved- 2
Black pepper, freshly ground- to taste
Coarse salt- to taste
1. Preheat the griddle or grill pan over high heat. Butterfly the shrimp by slicing almost completely through it lengthwise. Leave the shell on the shrimp to keep it tender while grilling over the high heat.
2. Brush the shrimps with extra virgin olive oil. Season it with salt and pepper and grill it for 2 minutes on each side till the shells turn hot pink and the shrimp becomes opaque.
3. As the last step, place the halved lemons on the grill to help release its juice. Squeeze the grilled lemon wedges over the shrimp and serve.