1- Roasted Salmon with Shallot Grapefruit Sauce
Time: 35 mins Servings: 4 Calories per serving: 345
Salmon fillets, 6 ounce each, skinless- 4
Ruby Red Grapefruits- 2
Shallots, minced- 1 tbsp
Basil leaves, thinly sliced- 2 tbsps
Cayenne pepper- a pinch
Honey- 2 ½ tsp
Ginger, freshly grated- 1 tsp
Olive oil- 2 tsp
Lemon juice- 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Sprinkle ¼ tsp of salt on the salmon and spread it evenly. Place the seasoned salmon filets in a baking dish and cook it for around 18 minutes till it is cooked through.
2. When the salmon is being cooked, cut off the top and bottom of one grapefruit. Then cut the skin to get rid of the peel and pith. Using a paring knife separate each segment of the fruit from its section. Cut each of these segments in half and keep it aside. Extract the juice of the second grapefruit and keep it aside.
3. In a skillet kept over medium flame heat the oil. Sauté the minced shallots in it for 2 minutes till it is softened. Add honey, cayenne pepper, grapefruit juice and ginger to this and let it simmer. Cook for around 10 minutes till the sauce is reduced by half. Add lemon juice and salt.
4. Toss the basil and grapefruit pieces into the sauce right before serving. In a plate, apply sauce over the salmon and serve.
2- Mustard Maple Roasted Salmon
Time: 20 mins Servings: 4 Calories per serving: 324
5 ounce salmon fillets, skinless, center cut- 4
Dijon Mustard- 2 tbsps
Fresh cilantro, finely chopped- 2 tbsps
Light mayonnaise-1 tbsp
Pure maple syrup- 2tsp
Pepper, freshly ground- to taste
Salt- to taste
1. After preheating the oven to 400 degrees F, take a rimmed baking sheet and line it with aluminum foil.
2. Take a bowl and mix the mustard, maple syrup, mayonnaise and I tablespoon of cilantro. Place the salmon fillets on the baking sheet and sprinkle a quarter teaspoon of salt and ground pepper on top. After this is spread well, apply some of the mustard mixture on top of the fillets.
3. Bake this for around 12 minutes till it is just cooked through. Garnish it with the rest of the cilantro and serve.