The principle of this diet is to eat less carbohydrates and more fat. The most important thing is to minimize the consumption of sugar and starch, but you can eat plenty of other tasty dishes and at the same time lose weight.
The essence of KETO diet
The fact is that you completely remove from the diet food in which carbohydrates are contained. At the same time, you increase the amount of protein and fatty foods.
The effectiveness of KETO diet for weight loss
Keto diet has been shown to be effective in many studies and is very popular. It has become popular due to its high effectiveness in the fight against fat deposits. On average, you can lose from 0.5 to 3 kg per week, depending on how much excess fat you have at the initial stage. Such rapid weight loss has become possible due to the fact that the body is rebuilt to get energy from fats and in conditions of calorie deficiency in the diet, it begins to consume your reserves of subcutaneous fat.
Basic principles and rules
In order for the ketone diet to bring not only the result, but the benefits, it is worth adhering to the following principles:
• eat food that does not contain carbohydrates, the exception will be only vegetables, but not starchy
• drink at least 2 liters of water for girls and 3-4 liters for men. If you drink an insufficient amount of water, you may get bad breath and urine.
• Fiber must be present in the diet. The optimal amount of 30 grams. Cellulose is necessary for the proper functioning of the digestive system.
• To make the process of losing weight faster, add exercise. 20- 30 minutes at the initial stage will be enough.
Benefits of KETO diet
• rapid weight loss
• reduction of annoying feelings of hunger
• improved mood
• normalization of blood pressure and blood sugar
• improved sleep quality
• fast and clear mind
Types of KETO diet
• classic – you consume a small amount of carbohydrates every day. Many people prefer this option, as with this scheme, you can eat a small amount of fruit every day.
• target – you take a small amount of carbohydrates in the evening before the day when you have a planned workout, it will give you a burst of energy.
• rotational or cyclic – for me personally – this is the best option. Once a week you allocate an 8-10-hour window in which you eat everything that you want. This should be predominantly carbohydrate food to replenish glycogen stores and prevent metabolic slowdown.
What can you eat on a KETO diet?
• any meat and meat offal
• fish and seafood
• vegetable oil
• non-starchy vegetables (all vegetables are possible, with the exception of potatoes, carrots and corn)
• eggs, in any form
• dairy products without sugar (milk, cream, cottage cheese, kefir)
• hard and melted cheese
• tea or coffee without sugar
What can you eat on a KETO diet in limitedquantities?
• low-carb berries and fruits (raspberries, strawberries, cherries, currants, blackberries, kiwi) – no more than 7 oz. per day
• dry wine – once a week, 1 glass
• nuts and seeds (almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, sunflower seeds)
• dark chocolate with a minimum of sugar – 1 – ½ oz.
• carbohydrate-free drinks (Coca-Cola light, zero)
How to save on KETO diet?
Many keto products may be a bit more expensive than cereal products, but at the same time the keto diet is much cheaper than most people might think.
• Look for great deals. You can always find a good sale or coupons for food suitable for the Keto Diet. Usually you can save a significant amount of money if you check the store offers in the neighborhood.
• Buy in bulk and cook in advance. If you belong to the type of people who do not like to spend time cooking, this is the best for you. Buying products in bulk (from manufacturers, distributors or wholesalers) will help to significantly reduce your costs. In addition, you can make preparations or prepare food in advance. So you will save both time and money.
• Cook yourself! Despite the fact that it is very convenient to buy and cook from semi-finished products, it always increases the cost of products. Buy uncut vegetables, intact meat, mayonnaise and gas station. Just try making it yourself at home.
This simple tip will help reduce your food costs.
How to easy start KETO?
Entering ketosis is quite simple, but an abundance of information can make it so complicated and confusing. Below is a list of actions that need to be done, compiled in order of importance:
• Limit carbo. Try to stick to no more than 1 ½ oz. of carbo.
• Reduce your protein intake.
• Stop worrying about the amount of fat. Fat is the main source of energy for keto, so make sure you supply your body with plenty of it. You will lose weight on keto and without starvation.
• Drink water. at least 2 liters of water per day. Make sure you drink enough water throughout the day. This not only helps regulate many vital processes, but also reduces the feeling of hunger.
• Avoid snacking.
• Start fasting. Fasting can be a powerful tool for increasing ketone levels throughout the day. There are many different options for using hunger.
• Add sport. It is known that exercise improves health. If you want to get the most out of your keto diet, add 20-30 minutes of exercise per day. Even a simple walking tour will help regulate weight loss and blood sugar levels.